Sunday, December 27, 2009

Peter Facinelli's 'Breaking Dawn' Wishlist: Two Films, Chris Weitz And An 'Interesting' Birth Scene


Somehow it seems unsurprising that Peter Facinelli, who got a total reboot of his career with "The Twilight Saga," would like "Breaking Dawn" to make it to the big screen. When MTV News spoke to Peter at Z100's Jingle Ball Friday, he shared a full wish-list of things he would like in regards to the fourth (and, according to him, fifth) installments of the series.

First and foremost, Pete would like to see this novel split into two films. "I would love to have them break it into two parts because it's such a thick book," he said. "I think that'd be fantastic to split into two, 'cause there's so much information. Whatever happens, I'm sure it will be good."

While we have already detailed why we don't think two movies would be such a good idea for the fluff-filled novel, we do agree with Peter's director choice (as does Kristen Stewart). "I'd love to see Chris Weitz back," he said.

He added as to whether there's actually a chance Chris would agree, "I don't know. I mean, I know he actually has another film he's doing right now, so your guess is as good as mine. I'm sure they'll get somebody very capable. I mean, we've had some pretty fantastic directors so far."

Two films and Chris as director complete a "Breaking Dawn" checklist most fans would agree with, and the scene Peter most looks forwards to shooting is another fan favorite. "You know, there's this scene where Bella has the baby," Peter said, jokingly adding, "Like any other doctor, I'm not there at the time. I think I'm on the ninth playing a round of golf, but it's an interesting scene. I'd like to see how that's shot."

Unfortunately, this is only speculation and wishful thinking thus far, as Peter said he hasn't heard any "Breaking Dawn" news from Summit. "Usually the fans know before me. I've been combing the Web sites to see if we're doing a fourth movie," Peter said. "I haven't heard or seen [a script yet]. I think everybody's just kind of still on the 'New Moon' high."

Do you agree with Peter's wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment